Syria’s president says after the government failed to reach ‘results’ with opposition groups, there’s ‘no option except victory.’
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 5 April, 2017 Russia covering up Assad’s poison gas use in Syria, chemical warfare experts claim 'Moscow's claim that rebel groups possess sarin is highly unlikely.'
- 4 April, 2017 Syria chemical attack: This is what happens when you’re exposed to a deadly nerve agent Video from local aid worker of victims with non-responsive pupils seems to suggest 58 people killed by Assad forces in Idlib died from exposure to Sarin, the gas that wreaked havoc in Tokyo in 1995.
- 5 April, 2017 Rex Tillerson: Russia, Iran ‘morally responsible’ for chemical attack in Syria U.S. government source said attack was 'almost certainly' perpetrated by Assad as Tillerson calls on Syria's allies to ensure there will be no chemical attacks in the future.
- 15 November, 2016 Assad: Trump can join Syria, Russia, Iran in fight against militants President says that Damascus would have to 'wait and see' if Trump would change Washington's policy on Syria.