Syria’s president says after the government failed to reach ‘results’ with opposition groups, there’s ‘no option except victory.’
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 26 April, 2017 France intel confirms Assad used Sarin gas in Syria chemical attack Samples obtained by French intelligence show that forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar Assad 'undoubtedly' used sarin nerve gas in April 4 attack
- 15 April, 2017 Blast in Syria: At least 100 killed in attack on convoy carrying evacuees near Aleppo Children, government supporters and opposition fighters among victims; State TV blames insurgents while rebel group says regime or extremists behind attack
- 5 April, 2017 Russia covering up Assad’s poison gas use in Syria, chemical warfare experts claim 'Moscow's claim that rebel groups possess sarin is highly unlikely.'
- 19 April, 2017 Senior Israeli officer: Hard to believe Assad didn’t know about Syria gas attack Israeli intelligence shows Syrian regime used sarin ■ Says American missile strike not a game changer