Putin might want to prove that an attack on Russia’s ally has implications for America’s ally. But Israel needs coordination with Russia over Syria’s skies
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 21 August, 2017 In blow to Iran, Egypt becomes surprise new player in Syria To Israel's delight, Cairo's involvement is already showing results
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 8 October, 2016 Putin will stop at nothing to increase Mideast influence at U.S.’ expense Washington's seeming apathy in light of Russia's war crimes in Syria, undertaken in support of the Assad regime, raises questions about America's commitment to defending its allies and friends.
- 7 July, 2017 U.S. and Russia confirm: Trump and Putin agree on cease-fire in southwestern Syria Jordan and Israel are also part of the agreement, official says ■ Lavrov says Russian troops will enforce cease-fire, but Tillerson says issue still undecided
Read the original at
Haaretz.com headlines RSS.