Putin might want to prove that an attack on Russia’s ally has implications for America’s ally. But Israel needs coordination with Russia over Syria’s skies
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 8 October, 2016 Putin will stop at nothing to increase Mideast influence at U.S.’ expense Washington's seeming apathy in light of Russia's war crimes in Syria, undertaken in support of the Assad regime, raises questions about America's commitment to defending its allies and friends.
- 9 December, 2016 Don’t expect Trump to lead the fight against ISIS after Aleppo falls to Assad After Assad routs the rebels, the U.S. will be left with no ally in Syria in fight against Islamic State. Considering Trump's desire to steer clear of Mideast conflict, we may see U.S. and Russia dividing the fight between them.
- 5 April, 2017 Rex Tillerson: Russia, Iran ‘morally responsible’ for chemical attack in Syria U.S. government source said attack was 'almost certainly' perpetrated by Assad as Tillerson calls on Syria's allies to ensure there will be no chemical attacks in the future.