Hamas expected to accept 1967 borders, drop call for war of extermination against Jews, but remains committed to fighting Israel
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 21 August, 2017 In blow to Iran, Egypt becomes surprise new player in Syria To Israel's delight, Cairo's involvement is already showing results
- 27 November, 2017 After Egypt Mosque massacre, 40 defense ministers pledge support for Saudi-led Muslim military alliance Top defense officials from 40 Muslim-majority nation's met in Riyadh on Sunday to reaffirm their military alliance in the face of Egypt's deadliest terror attack in its modern history
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 1 May, 2017 Hamas presents new charter supporting Palestinian state along 1967 borders Vowing to continue to strive to liberate all of Palestinian lands, Hamas says fight is with Zionism, not Jews | Hosting Doha hotel canceled, prompting delays | Israel blasted new charter as smoke screen for group's real intentions