Hamas expected to accept 1967 borders, drop call for war of extermination against Jews, but remains committed to fighting Israel
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 29 January, 2017 Future of fight against ISIS unclear due to Trump’s undefined policies While the Islamic State group continues to suffer defeats in Iraq and Syria, its counterpart in Sinai is becoming increasingly active – much to Hamas’ annoyance.
- 29 April, 2017 Abbas is trying to curry favor with Trump by punishing Hamas, Palestinian sources say Keeping Gazans in the dark could be a political play by the Palestinian president to convince Trump he's a partner for peace
- 4 April, 2017 Trump gives Egypt’s leader his finest hour, with an eye to ‘historic deal’ for Israeli-Palestinian conflict Egypt's Sissi has some hard work ahead | Analysis