Hamas expected to accept 1967 borders, drop call for war of extermination against Jews, but remains committed to fighting Israel
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 21 August, 2017 In blow to Iran, Egypt becomes surprise new player in Syria To Israel's delight, Cairo's involvement is already showing results
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 1 May, 2017 Hamas presents new charter supporting Palestinian state along 1967 borders Vowing to continue to strive to liberate all of Palestinian lands, Hamas says fight is with Zionism, not Jews | Hosting Doha hotel canceled, prompting delays | Israel blasted new charter as smoke screen for group's real intentions
- 10 July, 2017 Syria cease-fire: For Israel, the good news may lead to bad news Deal backed by U.S. and Russia could halt 'accidental' fire into Israel, but with Tehran eyeing the border area it could create more serious challenges in the long term