Iran’s missile fire toward Syria targets is a show of strength and a message to U.S., Russia and Israel
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 20 March, 2017 Syrian UN envoy: Putin sent message to Israel that its freedom to act in Syria is over Ambassador Bashar Jaafari says Syrian use of anti-aircraft missiles against Israeli fighter jets also sends another message to Jerusalem.
- 19 April, 2017 Senior Israeli officer: Hard to believe Assad didn’t know about Syria gas attack Israeli intelligence shows Syrian regime used sarin ■ Says American missile strike not a game changer
- 8 April, 2017 Will Israel be a casualty of U.S.-Russian tension after Trump’s missile attack? Putin might want to prove that an attack on Russia’s ally has implications for America’s ally. But Israel needs coordination with Russia over Syria’s skies