Russia says it sees U.S. downing of Syrian plane an act of aggression; says any aircraft in its area of operation is considered a target
- 13 February, 2017 This is what Trump and Netanyahu will discuss in their meeting (if you believe Spicer) While the White House has repeatedly ducked questions about everything from Jerusalem to settlements, Netanyahu promised 'clear' answers from his meeting with Trump. What to expect?
- 9 April, 2017 Trump’s real target in Syria strike wasn’t Assad While it's still unclear whether the U.S. is headed to an escalation with Russia over Syria, it could be that Trump's true objective lay on the other side of the globe
- 20 January, 2017 NYT: Investigation of Trump associates’ ties to Russia includes intercepted communications Nature of communications unclear. U.S. official tells NYT some of Paul Manafort's contacts in Russia and Ukraine are under NSA surveillance.
- 11 April, 2017 White House accuses Russia of covering up Syria chemical attack with ‘false narratives’ U.S. intelligence confirms that the Syrian regime used sarin gas on civilians, declassified report says, accusing the Syrian and Russian governments of seeking to confuse the international community with disinformation
- 14 February, 2017 U.S. National Security Adviser Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia Retired General Keith Kellogg named acting national security adviser.