JACKSON, Miss. (AP) â€” A civil rights historical marker in Mississippi has been vandalized, obliterating information about black teenager Emmett Till, who was kidnapped and lynched in 1955.
- 27 June, 2017 Emmett Till Mississippi civil rights memorial vandalised for second time in two months An sign marking the site where black teenager was accused of whistling at a white woman - something that would subsequently result in him being lynched - has been vandalised for the second time in two months. The marker on the Mississippi Freedom Trai...
- 12 July, 2018 Emmett Till case: DoJ reopen brutal murder investigation that helped inspire civil rights movement The US government has reopened the investigation into the killing of black teenager Emmett Till, a 14-year-old who was slain in after allegedly flirting with a white woman. Six decades after he was abducted, mutilated, shot and his body thrown into th...
- 12 July, 2018 The Justice Department Is Reinvestigating the 1955 Slaying of Black Teenager Emmett Till His brutal killing shocked the world and helped inspire the civil rights movement
- 26 June, 2017 The Latest: Probable cause to hold teens in child's death CANTON, Miss. (AP) — The Latest on 3 Mississippi teenagers charged in connection with the shooting death of a 6-year-old boy (all times local):
- 28 June, 2017 Mississippi man takes Confederate flag fight to high court JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A black Mississippi citizen is taking his case against the state's Confederate-themed flag to the U.S. Supreme Court.