With over 150,000 civil servants, security personnel, journalists and academics sacked over the past year, and 50,000 people arrested, Erdogan’s attempt at national solidarity feels elusive
- 27 November, 2017 After Egypt Mosque massacre, 40 defense ministers pledge support for Saudi-led Muslim military alliance Top defense officials from 40 Muslim-majority nation's met in Riyadh on Sunday to reaffirm their military alliance in the face of Egypt's deadliest terror attack in its modern history
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 21 August, 2017 In blow to Iran, Egypt becomes surprise new player in Syria To Israel's delight, Cairo's involvement is already showing results
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 15 July, 2017 Turkey marks one-year anniversary of failed coup attempt Thousands are expected at 'national unity marches' in the two cities, and speeches are planned in parliament and at an iconic Istanbul bridge
Read the original at
Haaretz.com All headlines RSS.