As her death shocks the country, Tehran newspapers and President Rouhani slight Iran’s modesty rules to publish Maryam Mirzakhani’s image ‘the way she was’
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 21 August, 2017 In blow to Iran, Egypt becomes surprise new player in Syria To Israel's delight, Cairo's involvement is already showing results
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 31 July, 2017 Jordanian media outs Israeli embassy guard involved in Amman shooting In a move that could be seen as provocative, al-Rai newspaper publishes a picture of the guard's diplomatic ID card
- 14 October, 2017 #NeverTrustUS: Iranians react to Trump disavowing nuclear deal Frustrated with what they perceive to be U.S. President Trump's misguided, hypocritical approach to their country, Iranians take to social media
Read the original at
Haaretz.com All headlines RSS.