As her death shocks the country, Tehran newspapers and President Rouhani slight Iran’s modesty rules to publish Maryam Mirzakhani’s image ‘the way she was’
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 29 June, 2017 U.S. publishes revealing, once-expunged papers on CIA’s role in 1953 Iran coup Widespread Iranian anger over the heavy-handed Western intervention lingered for decades, and fed into the 1979 revolution
- 18 June, 2017 Syria’s renewable energy industry: Making diesel from plastic bags After a break, Tehran has only recently resumed oil deliveries – while ramping up its plan to settle Shi’ites from Iran and the Arab world in Syria
- 2 July, 2017 Saudi king orders paper to fire fawning columnist for calling him god The newspaper, al-Jazirah (not to be confused with al-Jazeera), published an apology
Read the original at
Haaretz.com All headlines RSS.