The latest developments in investigations into possible fraudulent conduct by Israel’s prime minister, his confidants and his billionaire tycoon friends
- 30 December, 2016 Israel’s AG reportedly informed Netanyahu of corruption probe weeks ago The prime minister asked to postpone questioning until after his Kazakhstan trip, Channel 2 reports; it was delayed further due to a development in the case.
- 12 July, 2017 The IDF wanted to investigate a key moment in the Gaza war. Netanyahu said no Massive firepower was used on 'Black Friday' in 2014, when the Israeli army killed dozens of Palestinians trying to prevent the abduction of a soldier
- 31 December, 2017 Divorce is becoming a new norm among ultra-Orthodox in Israel Divorce rates in the Haredi community are catching up to those of the secular Jewish population. Beyond the ‘usual’ reasons for untying the knot, many cite another: declining religious observance by their spouse
- 29 October, 2017 Leadership race reveals ideological cracks in Israel’s West Bank settlements movement Three candidates are vying for the leadership post in the Yesha Council, comprised of the heads of Jewish regional councils in the West Bank and senior figures in the settlement movement
- 15 December, 2017 Netanyahu questioned at his residence for seventh time over corruption suspicions Police are expected to confront the prime minister with testimony from Australian billionaire James Packer over allegations that the former accepted expensive gifts from him and others