The Trump administration doesn’t seem capable of, or even interested in, delving into the nitty-gritty of the Temple Mount’s status quo
- 16 July, 2017 Muslim Temple Mount authority refuses to reopen site due to Israeli metal detectors The Muslim Waqf authority called the new security measure a violation of the status quo
- 20 July, 2017 White House says very concerned over Temple Mount tensions U.S. administration calls on Israel and Jordan to maintain the status quo at the compound that has been site of clashes since deadly attack
- 12 July, 2017 The IDF wanted to investigate a key moment in the Gaza war. Netanyahu said no Massive firepower was used on 'Black Friday' in 2014, when the Israeli army killed dozens of Palestinians trying to prevent the abduction of a soldier
- 14 July, 2017 Netanyahu to Abbas: Will preserve Temple Mount status quo; Abbas condemns shooting Palestinian president asks Netanyahu call off the shuttering of the Temple Mount to worshipers, warning it could be exploited to change the status quo at the site
- 15 July, 2017 White House condemns Temple Mount attack, backs Israeli decision to close the holy site 'Israel has assured the world that it has no intention to alter the status of this holy site,' the White House says, 'a decision which the U.S. applauds and welcomes'