Former National Security Council Head Yaakov Amidror talks about the threat of Iran taking over Syria, turning it into a weapons launchpad.
- 26 April, 2009 Lieberman: Ready to Talk with Syria, Without ‘Preconditions’ FM Lieberman said he is ready to talk to Syria, but without 'preconditions'. Defense Minister Barak sees talks as ‘critical’ to Israel’s security.
- 22 December, 2017 ‘Our son was the victim of a UN ceasefire’ Parents of Israeli soldier whose body is held by Hamas urge Security Council to take action to bring him home.
- 14 July, 2013 Eiland: US leaks on attacks in Syria problematic Former National Security Council head says Israel careful not to 'push Assad into a corner'
- 19 July, 2017 Israel escalates threats against Iran Ex-national security adviser warns that Israel must prevent Iranian infrastructure in Syria at any cost. The explicit threat to Iran and Hezbollah is not an official declaration, but foreign governments will find it hard to ignore
- 25 January, 2018 Israel’s UN ambassador: Iran trying to turn Syria into its military base At the UN Security Council, Danny Danon accused Iran of attempting to destabilize the region by making Syria its military base