The ministry informed the court on Sunday that it opposes adoption by gay and lesbian couples
- 16 July, 2017 Israel tells top court it opposes adoptions by same-sex couples State says adoption by gay and lesbian couples would add 'additional baggage' for child. Current policy only allows them to adopt children for whom no heterosexual married couple can be found
- 29 August, 2017 In complete reversal, Israel says it no longer opposes same-sex adoption Ministry says it accepts recommendations to allow gay and lesbian couples to adopt, but the Knesset will have to amend existing legislation
- 17 September, 2017 Israel promises to end same-sex adoption discrimination State commits to introduce legislation by June 2018, responding to a court petition challenging the discrimination in the current law against gays and lesbians
- 23 October, 2017 Israeli police say Palestinian must prove he owns land from which his olives were stolen The Palestinian claims that the olives, from which he makes a living, were held by the police for two weeks without him being informed
- 4 April, 2017 Only three same-sex couples allowed to adopt in Israel since it became legal in 2008 Even though the law now allows gay families to adopt, they still have a lower priority.