The ministry informed the court on Sunday that it opposes adoption by gay and lesbian couples
- 16 July, 2017 Israel tells top court it opposes adoptions by same-sex couples State says adoption by gay and lesbian couples would add 'additional baggage' for child. Current policy only allows them to adopt children for whom no heterosexual married couple can be found
- 4 April, 2017 Only three same-sex couples allowed to adopt in Israel since it became legal in 2008 Even though the law now allows gay families to adopt, they still have a lower priority.
- 20 July, 2017 At least five arrested as thousands protest in Tel Aviv against same-sex adoption discrimination Demonstration before government offices follows Israeli government's position that having gay or lesbian parents causes 'an extra burden on the child'
- 17 July, 2017 Israel’s opposition to adoption by same-sex couples proves: The state lags behind society The Israeli public is largely sympathetic toward the LGBT community. The state's opposition to same-sex couples adopting is simply disconnected from reality
- 6 June, 2017 Israel promises Russia: Same-sex Israeli couples won’t be allowed to adopt Russian children Russia is the main destination for Israelis seeking international adoption, but doesn't recognize same-sex couples and prohibits them from adopting