Government would allow same sex couples to adopt if no hetero-sexual couples can be found to adopt children.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 16 July, 2017 Israel tells top court it opposes adoptions by same-sex couples State says adoption by gay and lesbian couples would add 'additional baggage' for child. Current policy only allows them to adopt children for whom no heterosexual married couple can be found
- 17 July, 2017 Israel walks back its opposition to same-sex couples adopting children The ministry informed the court on Sunday that it opposes adoption by gay and lesbian couples
- 21 November, 2013 Knesset to consider granting child tax credit to same-sex couples 'The time has come to end the severe economic discrimination,' says bill’s sponsor, referring to the tens of thousands of shekels only a heterosexual couple will receive from the government to help raise children.
- 4 February, 2009 Demand to Keep ‘Sex Offender’ Ramon Out of the Next Government Several women's organizations called upon Israeli political parties to oppose the appointment of Chaim Ramon as a minister in the next government.