Germany reportedly delays signing memorandum of understanding in light of Israel’s investigation into possible corruption in the deal
- 18 July, 2017 German submarine company finds no sign of corruption in Israel deal Thyssenkrupp declined to comment on media reports that the signing of the deal for the purchase of three submarines had been postponed in the wake of the ongoing investigation
- 20 July, 2017 Netanyahu: Submarine deal will go ahead as planned once probe ends Prime minister refuses to confirm or deny if Israel gave green light for Germany's sale of submarines to Egypt
- 19 July, 2017 Israeli submarine scandal: Army officers to be questioned as investigation expands Investigators expanding investigation as former Defense Ministry official questioned and signing ceremony postponed
- 18 July, 2017 Germany delays official signing of sub deal over investigation Deal to supply Israel with 3 new submarines indefinitely postponed over corruption investigation in Israel over deal.
- 31 December, 2017 Divorce is becoming a new norm among ultra-Orthodox in Israel Divorce rates in the Haredi community are catching up to those of the secular Jewish population. Beyond the ‘usual’ reasons for untying the knot, many cite another: declining religious observance by their spouse