Great divisions in the Jewish people | Veteran who met with Trump Jr. is a Dark Arts Master | Why Syrian cease-fire makes David Makovsky nervous
- 3 April, 2014 Over 1,000 rabbis urge Jerusalem mayor not to pick Islamophobe for chief rabbi Rick Jacobs, Julie Schonfeld, Asher Lopatin and Debra Waxman among signatories who say choice of Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu, now chief rabbi of Safed, would send 'message of divisiveness and intolerance.'
- 31 October, 2016 After decades of Holocaust legends, ultra-Orthodox community confronts the dark facts Esther Farbstein is the leading Haredi scholar on the Shoah, shining a much-needed light on the struggles of observant Jews during WWII. But she worries that the Holocaust has become too big a part of modern Jewish identity.
- 9 March, 2014 American Jewish groups forge partnership with Israelis to 'dethrone’ chief rabbinate Leading U.S. organizations met recently to explore how to end rabbinate’s monopoly over marriage; Orthodox Rabbinical Council of America opposes initiative.
- 11 November, 2016 Hallelujah, a spiritual road to Leonard Cohen’s bitter counsel The name of his most famous song would seem to stem from his spiritual quest, but its biblical imagery is merely a vehicle for his dark view of love.
- 19 October, 2017 First rabbi in Congress? Ohio Democrat aims to unseat veteran Republican Robert Barr will face a crowded primary field and is targeting a Republican who will have held the seat for 21 years over two stretches