Avi Gabbay’s election to lead the party is the end of the right wing’s campaign of conquest. Now they have it all, and all to lose
- 1 November, 2017 In praise of intermarriage: Why are Israeli Jews so afraid of relationships with Arabs? Imagine how different the attitude toward Arabs would be if tens of thousands of Jewish families in Israel had a Palestinian member
- 13 July, 2017 Don’t be so quick to count Yair Lapid out New Labor Party leader Avi Gabbay poses an existential threat, but the 'boy wonder' does know how to run an election campaign and has shown an impressive knack for survival
- 16 November, 2017 How Judaism became a dirty word in Israel By telling the left it has indeed forgotten what it means to be Jewish, Labor Party leader Avi Gabbay is trying to trigger a much-needed debate in Israel
- 19 October, 2017 Those Israeli left-wing purists I can’t stand the thought that the Labor Party is headed by a man, Avi Gabbay, who says that he 'doesn’t deal with the rights of the Palestinians'
- 13 July, 2017 The last torchbearer of Israel’s center-left origins Avi Gabbay has been elected the Labor Party's new chairman, but actually it's former Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon who has the stuff to return Labor to its defense-focused roots