Tamer Nafar and Mahmood Jrere of Palestinian rap group DAM want to inject some humor into politics of coexistence between Jews and Arabs in Israel
- 17 July, 2017 At long last, Israelis may be reading Arabic literature More than ever, Arabic-language books are being translated into Hebrew. Is Israel, winner of the European Cup and three Eurovision song contests, finally daring to crack open a peephole into the neighborhood where it lives?
- 17 January, 2017 New film shows ‘Catch-22’ facing liberal Palestinian women in Israel Maysaloun Hamoud’s debut feature 'In Between' shines an illuminating light on three young Arabs living in the heart of Tel Aviv.
- 9 October, 2017 This Israeli band’s new songs will be burned into your mind Girafot is an endangered species in Israeli music, a vestige of a bygone world
- 13 July, 2017 Is anyone from Auschwitz in the house tonight? Holocaust sketch comedy hits Tel Aviv While Israeli high school trips to Poland are increasingly being criticized for their content and commercialization, the new show 'Bira ve Nazkira' aims to use humor to convey Holocaust awareness
- 25 February, 2017 A rabbi, a wandering Jew, a martyr: Jesus in ‘Israeli’ art A new show at the Israel Museum illustrates the extensive presence of Jesus in Jewish and Israeli art. But when it comes to explaining the attraction to this figure, the thrust of the exhibition is misguided.