129-year-old kosher food manufacturer to lay off more than 150 workers, move to more ‘modern facilities.’
- 23 August, 2017 Haifa Chemicals again threatens to close plant, lay off workers in the north The company and municipality are at loggerheads over the safest way to ship ammonia to the factory
- 4 August, 2017 Pharmaceutical giant to lay off thousands worldwide Teva lays of thousands of workers, closes six factories, after losing $6 billion.
- 27 October, 2016 Harvard Hillel sought a kosher deal for striking food workers Harvard Hillel activists take food workers' strike to heart.
- 2 August, 2017 Haifa Chemicals closes – workers fired Owner announces closure and dismissal of all employees at company plants in north and south.
- 8 October, 2017 Smugglers help Japan’s tiny Jewish community celebrate Sukkot Japan's 1,000-strong Jewish community has trouble obtaining permits to bring kosher food and ritual plants to the island nation. Here's how it copes