129-year-old kosher food manufacturer to lay off more than 150 workers, move to more ‘modern facilities.’
- 23 August, 2017 Haifa Chemicals again threatens to close plant, lay off workers in the north The company and municipality are at loggerheads over the safest way to ship ammonia to the factory
- 4 August, 2017 Pharmaceutical giant to lay off thousands worldwide Teva lays of thousands of workers, closes six factories, after losing $6 billion.
- 27 October, 2016 Harvard Hillel sought a kosher deal for striking food workers Harvard Hillel activists take food workers' strike to heart.
- 2 August, 2017 Haifa Chemicals closes – workers fired Owner announces closure and dismissal of all employees at company plants in north and south.
- 27 April, 2014 Ministries urge Rabbinate to relax kashrut control of food imports Finance Ministry hoping kosher food move would increase competition in Israeli food market and act to lower produce prices.