129-year-old kosher food manufacturer to lay off more than 150 workers, move to more ‘modern facilities.’
- 27 October, 2016 Harvard Hillel sought a kosher deal for striking food workers Harvard Hillel activists take food workers' strike to heart.
- 27 April, 2014 Ministries urge Rabbinate to relax kashrut control of food imports Finance Ministry hoping kosher food move would increase competition in Israeli food market and act to lower produce prices.
- 20 November, 2016 Death toll rises to 115 in Indian train accident 115 dead, 150 injured in train accident in northern India. Death toll expected to rise as rescue workers begin to reach hardest hit section.
- 17 July, 2017 Haifa Chemicals lays off 1,200 workers Lack of raw materials forces Haifa Chemicals to furlough employees, with mass layoffs expected.
- 14 November, 2016 Manufacturers nervous about red stickers 60% of food products expected to be marked with red stickers warning public of potential health dangers.