Netanyahu says he believes security measures on Temple Mount, such as placing new cameras and installing metal detectors, must be enhanced to prevent future attacks
- 23 July, 2017 Arab League chief says Israel crossing red line on Temple Mount, Arab world won’t let it Ahmed Aboul Gheit says by installing metal detectors, Israel risking major crisis with Arab and Muslim world
- 19 July, 2017 Israeli army, Shin Bet urging Netanyahu to relent on Temple Mount metal detectors Security officials concerned of Temple Mount crisis' repercussions on Israeli-Jordanian relations ■ Netanyahu: Israel asked Jordan, Arab world to help restore peace
- 23 July, 2017 Israel Police install security cameras at Temple Mount entrance amid crisis Security officials stress the cameras at Lion's Gate complement metal detectors, not replace them, ahead of cabinet meeting on developing crisis
- 22 July, 2017 Between political and legal fears, any sign of leadership in Israel is absent The Israel Police made the assessment that metal detectors were required at the Temple Mount to prevent further deadly attacks there, but it required someone senior to them to see the bigger picture
- 23 July, 2017 Explained: What sparked Temple Mount crisis and where do we go from here Didn't Israeli leaders understand installing metal detectors at the Temple Mount would lead to clashes? Now that Israel understands what trouble the measures are causing, why doesn’t it simply back down?