Ministers green light a bill that requires a super majority concede sovereignty over any part of Jerusalem, but only a simple majority would be needed to give up land by redrawing Jerusalem’s borders
- 23 October, 2017 Israeli police say Palestinian must prove he owns land from which his olives were stolen The Palestinian claims that the olives, from which he makes a living, were held by the police for two weeks without him being informed
- 12 July, 2017 The IDF wanted to investigate a key moment in the Gaza war. Netanyahu said no Massive firepower was used on 'Black Friday' in 2014, when the Israeli army killed dozens of Palestinians trying to prevent the abduction of a soldier
- 2 July, 2017 Netanyahu scuttles rival’s bill aimed at hindering division of Jerusalem in future peace deal According to an amendment to a Basic Law proposed by Israeli Education Minister Naftali Bennett, land concessions would only be allowed with the support of 80 lawmakers, without the opportunity for a referendum
- 18 June, 2017 Israeli minister working on bill that would make it harder to divide Jerusalem Naftali Bennett's bill would bar the usage of a referendum to decide on territorial concessions in Jerusalem as part of a peace deal with the Palestinians
- 24 October, 2017 Too many IDF officers believe battlefield heroics spare them from punishment for wrongdoings The IDF chief has a short fuse when it comes to disciplinary infractions, so he'll likely see to the suspension of the brigadier general who plundered enemy arms and other materiel
Read the original at
Haaretz.com All headlines RSS.