Ministers green light a bill that requires a super majority concede sovereignty over any part of Jerusalem, but only a simple majority would be needed to give up land by redrawing Jerusalem’s borders
- 23 October, 2017 Israeli police say Palestinian must prove he owns land from which his olives were stolen The Palestinian claims that the olives, from which he makes a living, were held by the police for two weeks without him being informed
- 12 July, 2017 The IDF wanted to investigate a key moment in the Gaza war. Netanyahu said no Massive firepower was used on 'Black Friday' in 2014, when the Israeli army killed dozens of Palestinians trying to prevent the abduction of a soldier
- 2 July, 2017 Netanyahu scuttles rival’s bill aimed at hindering division of Jerusalem in future peace deal According to an amendment to a Basic Law proposed by Israeli Education Minister Naftali Bennett, land concessions would only be allowed with the support of 80 lawmakers, without the opportunity for a referendum
- 31 December, 2017 Divorce is becoming a new norm among ultra-Orthodox in Israel Divorce rates in the Haredi community are catching up to those of the secular Jewish population. Beyond the ‘usual’ reasons for untying the knot, many cite another: declining religious observance by their spouse
- 26 November, 2017 Holocaust survivor, 102, meets nephew he never knew he had Eliahu Pietruszka thought his brother, Volf, who was the visitor’s father, had died in a labor camp after losing contact with him following the murder of their brother and parents in the Holocaust
Read the original at
Haaretz.com All headlines RSS.