Massive firepower was used on ‘Black Friday’ in 2014, when the Israeli army killed dozens of Palestinians trying to prevent the abduction of a soldier
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 13 July, 2017 Israeli army chief, defense minister fail to attend anniversary ceremony of 2014 Gaza war Benjamin Netanyahu and Reuven Rivlin, however, attend ceremony, at which Netanyahu spoke of Israel's commitment to bring back bodies of soldiers being held in Gaza
- 18 October, 2016 IDF top brass failed to grasp Hamas tunnel threat during 2014 Gaza war, internal probe charges Army investigation determines that preparation for dealing with subterranean threat during Operation Protective Edge was 'flawed, and caused confusion in real time.'
- 3 January, 2017 IDF chief on Hebron shooter’s trial: Treating a soldier like a ‘confused little boy’ demeans the army Speaking a day before the verdict is due in the trial of Elor Azaria, a soldier who shot and killed a wounded a Palestinian assailant, Gadi Eisenkot criticizes efforts to present the defendant as 'everyone's child.'
- 13 July, 2017 Rivlin: Return of Israeli soldiers’ bodies is precondition for rebuilding Gaza Strip 'We are not complacent, we know that 2014's Operation Protective Edge probably won't be the last war,' says Israeli president, blaming conflict completely on Hamas