‘The Palestinian issue is complicated,’ Netanyahu told the French president. Macron agreed but replied: ‘You’re making it more complicated by building in the settlements’
- 13 February, 2017 This is what Trump and Netanyahu will discuss in their meeting (if you believe Spicer) While the White House has repeatedly ducked questions about everything from Jerusalem to settlements, Netanyahu promised 'clear' answers from his meeting with Trump. What to expect?
- 3 February, 2017 Israeli settlement construction ‘may not be helpful’ in reaching peace, White House says Official reportedly quoted as saying 'unilateral' expansions do 'undermine' peace efforts; Israel's UN envoy: 'We will not always agree on everything'; Netanyahu, Tillerson spoke Thursday.
- 13 September, 2017 Jimmy Carter: Trump Israeli-Palestinian peace efforts are ‘practically hopeless’ Adding to his indictments of Trump, Carter singled out Benjamin Netanyahu for having 'no intention at all' to bring about a two-state solution
- 3 February, 2017 Trump’s warning to Israel: Bragging about settlements embarrasses me Massive new building projects in the West Bank upset moderate Arab states that the U.S. president needs to rebuff claims that he's anti-Muslim.
- 21 June, 2017 With Kushner en route to Israel, U.S. reiterates: Settlement construction unhelpful to peace U.S. State Department says it's in close coordination with the White House on an Israeli-Palestinian peace effort