BANGKOK (AP) — Thailand's new king, who succeeded his late father last year, has tightened control over what is reputed to be the world's richest royal fortune, estimated to be worth more than $30 billion.
- 17 January, 2014 Israeli PM meets Jordan king, insists on border security Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu laid down demands for security arrangements between a future Palestinian state and Jordan, in a rare visit Thursday to Amman. Netanyahu was in Jordan for unannounced talks with King Abdullah II on the US-brokered Middle East peace process. The […]
- 26 October, 2017 The Latest: Thai royals lead funeral procession for king BANGKOK (AP) — The Latest on the funeral of Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej (POO-mee-pon AH-dun-yaa-det) (all times local):
- 12 May, 2017 Thai king presides over annual royal rice plowing ceremony BANGKOK (AP) — To the sound of Brahmin horns and amid colorful pageantry, Thailand's king presided over an annual ceremony Friday marking the start of the rice-planting season.
- 26 October, 2017 Thais bid final goodbye to beloved King Bhumibol Thailand bade farewell to late King Bhumibol Adulyadej Thursday in an elaborate, ritual-soaked funeral in Bangkok's historic quarter that gripped a nation mourning the loss of its chief unifying figure. Pipers, drummers and soldiers in a dazzling arra...
- 4 May, 2017 Five Thais charged with royal defamation for Facebook 'shares' Five men were charged with violating Thailand's draconian royal defamation law for sharing Facebook posts written by an exiled dissident academic, a human rights lawyer said Thursday. The case is the largest known lese majeste prosecution so far under...