Why is a failed imitation of the armed conqueror seen as admirable? My feminist brain doesn’t get it
- 23 April, 2017 The most justified social protest in Israel The 1,000-plus Palestinian prisoners on hunger strike are all part of a national struggle for freedom, something that should seem admirable even to Israelis
- 30 January, 2017 I’m proud my daughter failed her Jewish identity class My 13-year-old daughter doesn't yet realize that the Education Ministry won’t allow her to determine her Jewish identity for herself.
- 11 October, 2016 American Jews have failed to mobilize against Trump Prominent American Jewish organizations mobilized with full force against the Iran deal. But Donald Trump’s candidacy doesn’t seem to matter enough to them.
- 6 March, 2017 Tzipi Livni, Israel’s Angela Merkel Tzipi Livni is an unusual and admirable phenomenon in Israeli politics. She’s a serious, clearheaded woman who grew up in the right, but whose head and heart are in the right place.
- 19 March, 2017 Linda Sarsour doesn’t need to make Zionist women feel comfortable Women who identify with Zionism are free to participate in the feminist protest movement. But, rightly, it's a space in which supporters of a Jewish ethno-nationalist state should feel uncomfortable.