A fake news story claiming Arab nations demand Fifa strip Qatar of the 2022 World Cup appears on a website designed to look like a credible Swiss news publication.
- 5 June, 2015 FIFA corruption: Could Russia, Qatar lose their World Cups? If there is enough evidence of wrongdoing, FIFA has the power to strip the World Cup from both Russia and Qatar.
- 9 August, 2017 Qatar scraps visit visa requirements for 80 nationalities DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Qatar announced on Wednesday it was scrapping visa requirements for visitors from 80 countries as it weathers a boycott by four Arab states and gears up to host the World Cup in 2022.
- 30 May, 2011 Qatar accused of buying World Cup Suspended Fifa vice-president Jack Warner makes public an e-mail sent by general secretary Jerome Valcke that claims Mohamed Bin Hammam "bought" the 2022 World Cup finals for Qatar.
- 30 November, 2011 Qatar eyes 2020 Olympics Qatar, future host of the 2022 FIFA World Cup and past playground of several Arab and Asian games, is reaching for the moon as it eyes the 2020 Olympics despite seemingly insurmountable climate challenges.
- 14 November, 2016 Lippi down to business as China host Qatar Marcello Lippi said China need to shed their "underdog" mentality as he faces a tough first game in charge -- a World Cup qualifier against Qatar which neither team dare lose. While Lippi, who coached Italy to win the 2006 World Cup, admits rock-bottom China need a "miracle" if they are […]