The father, a powerful Haredi figure, is allegedly facilitating his son’s refusal to grant the get (divorce)
- 12 July, 2017 The IDF wanted to investigate a key moment in the Gaza war. Netanyahu said no Massive firepower was used on 'Black Friday' in 2014, when the Israeli army killed dozens of Palestinians trying to prevent the abduction of a soldier
- 14 October, 2016 Man’s refusal to divorce wife unless she pays $131K ‘not extortion,’ Israeli court says Rabbinical court releases him from prison, reversing a five-year prison term for the recalcitrant man.
- 12 January, 2017 Israel’s High Court slams attempt to reverse divorce granted to wife with husband in coma Appeal deals with local rabbinical court's decision to grant divorce to woman whose husband has been in coma for years. 'Why engage with this appeal?' asks Supreme Court judge.
- 14 November, 2016 In new directive, Israel could pursue criminal charges against divorce refusers New policy issued by State Prosecutor Shai Nitzan says get-refusers could be indicted and prosecutors will ask for long sentences.
- 20 July, 2017 AG opposes nation-state clause prioritizing Israel’s Jewish character over democratic one Proposed Basic Law would force the Supreme Court to rule on all laws through prism of Israel’s definition as a Jewish state, but Attorney General Avichai Mendelblit says it’s legal