U.S. intelligence officials say the United Arab Emirates orchestrated the hacking of Qatari government news and social media sites.
- 17 January, 2014 Israeli minister to lead delegation to Abu Dhabi energy summit Energy Minister Silvan Shalom to attend World Future Energy Summit in United Arab Emirates. First visit of Israeli delegation to UAE since Hamas accused Israel of assassinating movement's military commander Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in 2010
- 17 July, 2017 UAE arranged for hacking of Qatar government sites, sparking diplomatic row: Washington Post The United Arab Emirates arranged for Qatari government social media and news sites to be hacked in late May in order to post fiery but false quotes linked to Qatar's emir, prompting a diplomatic crisis, the Washington Post reported on Sunday, citing U...
- 18 July, 2017 Qatar: UAE hacked our news agency Qatar says Washington Post report proves the United Arab Emirates was involved in hack of Qatar's state news agency.
- 17 July, 2017 Report: UAE behind hacking of Qatari media WASHINGTON (AP) — The United Arab Emirates orchestrated the hacking of a Qatari government news site in May, planting a false story that was used as a pretext for the current crisis between Qatar and several Arab countries, according to a Sunday report by The Washington Post.
- 17 July, 2017 Qatar accuses UAE of violation of international law for hacking its state news agency UAE FM Anwar Gargash denied as false the story in the Washington Post that cited U.S. officials saying the UAE had orchestrated the hack of Qatar's state news agency