Tensions are raised by the arrest of the president’s own brother – and the jailing of a US academic.
- 17 April, 2017 Trump Team's Mixed Messages On North Korea Mike Pence sends a new message to North Korea not to "test President Trump's resolve" and "all options are on the table," but NSC advisor H.R. McMaster seems to have a different idea about defusing tensions with Pyongyang.
- 20 November, 2013 Palestinian journalists say freedom of speech in danger Dozens of Palestinian journalists protest recent arrest of colleague, other similar detentions, as tensions regarding journalistic freedom of speech escalate
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 4 March, 2016 Loud and clear, Indian students send message of freedom Released from jail on bail, student leader Kanhaiya Kumar delivers impassioned speech about what freedom means in India.Powered by WPeMatico
- 29 January, 2018 US, Qatar reach agreement on subsidy spat with airlines WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States and Qatar have reached a deal to resolve a years-old quarrel over alleged airline subsidies, seven individuals familiar with the deal said Monday, as Qatar's government works to defuse tensions with the Trump administration.