While the Mount is now open to both Jewish and Muslim visitors, many of the latter are still boycotting the site in protest of metal detectors Israel installed there
- 16 July, 2017 Muslim Temple Mount authority refuses to reopen site due to Israeli metal detectors The Muslim Waqf authority called the new security measure a violation of the status quo
- 16 July, 2017 Netanyahu: Altering Temple Mount status quo could damage Israel’s ties with Arab states Netanyahu says he believes security measures on Temple Mount, such as placing new cameras and installing metal detectors, must be enhanced to prevent future attacks
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 18 July, 2017 Saudi king reportedly conveys message to Israel via Washington on Temple Mount crisis Against the backdrop of Israel's placing of metal detectors at the entrance to the compound, King Salman demands that the Mount be reopened to worshipers, Saudi news site reports
- 21 July, 2017 Temple Mount crisis: Israeli defense chiefs believe metal detectors not worth the bloodshed Israel's top brass assume Netanyahu knows what must be done to resolve the Temple Mount crisis. The question is if he’s ready to pay the political price