The Israeli public is largely sympathetic toward the LGBT community. The state’s opposition to same-sex couples adopting is simply disconnected from reality
- 31 December, 2017 Divorce is becoming a new norm among ultra-Orthodox in Israel Divorce rates in the Haredi community are catching up to those of the secular Jewish population. Beyond the ‘usual’ reasons for untying the knot, many cite another: declining religious observance by their spouse
- 18 July, 2017 Israeli minister asks that his ministry reexamine policy on adoption by same-sex couples Meanwhile, ministry says that 'we believe that Israeli society still sees such families as abnormal and still doesn’t fully accept them'
- 17 July, 2017 Israel walks back its opposition to same-sex couples adopting children The ministry informed the court on Sunday that it opposes adoption by gay and lesbian couples
- 23 October, 2017 Israeli police say Palestinian must prove he owns land from which his olives were stolen The Palestinian claims that the olives, from which he makes a living, were held by the police for two weeks without him being informed
- 12 July, 2017 The IDF wanted to investigate a key moment in the Gaza war. Netanyahu said no Massive firepower was used on 'Black Friday' in 2014, when the Israeli army killed dozens of Palestinians trying to prevent the abduction of a soldier