By deploying commandos and artillery in Qatar, Erdogan further entrenches its position in the Saudi-Qatar diplomatic rift
- 21 August, 2017 In blow to Iran, Egypt becomes surprise new player in Syria To Israel's delight, Cairo's involvement is already showing results
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 6 June, 2017 Trump: Qatar rift hopefully the beginning of the end of the horrors of terrorism Saudi Arabia cut its diplomatic ties with Qatar, along with Bahrain, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, who accuse Qatar of supporting terrorism
- 13 June, 2017 Iraqi Kurds’ independence referendum has become a weapon for regional control Saudi Arabia targets Turkey, with its restive Kurdish region, after the country declares its support for Qatar in the Gulf rift