The incident in late May helped spark the current diplomatic rift between Qatar and its neighbours.
- 17 July, 2017 Gargash: Qatar hacking story completely untrue The UAE's minister of state for foreign affairs, Anwar Gargash, denies it hacked Qatar's news agency.
- 5 June, 2017 Qatar row: Saudi and Egypt among countries to cut Doha links A diplomatic crisis erupts as Qatar's neighbours sever ties, accusing it of fuelling instability.
- 17 July, 2017 Qatar says media report reveals UAE role in hack that sparked crisis By Karin Strohecker and Tom Finn LONDON/DOHA (Reuters) - Qatar said on Monday that a U.S. media report had shown that the United Arab Emirates was involved in an alleged hack of Qatar's state news agency in late May that helped spark a diplomatic cris...
- 17 July, 2017 Report: UAE behind hacking of Qatari media WASHINGTON (AP) — The United Arab Emirates orchestrated the hacking of a Qatari government news site in May, planting a false story that was used as a pretext for the current crisis between Qatar and several Arab countries, according to a Sunday report by The Washington Post.
- 18 July, 2017 Qatar: UAE hacked our news agency Qatar says Washington Post report proves the United Arab Emirates was involved in hack of Qatar's state news agency.