A woman who did not want her cancelled £23,000 wedding to go to waste threw a party for homeless people instead. Three of Ms Cummins’ seven bridesmaids, along with her mother and aunts, came to support her at the event.
- 16 July, 2017 Canceled $30K wedding becomes dinner for Indiana homeless INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — An Indiana woman didn't want her canceled $30,000 wedding to go to waste, so she threw a dinner party for the homeless.
- 17 July, 2017 Indiana woman Hosts $30,000 Party For Homeless After Wedding Is Cancelled Sarah Cummins, 25, and her fiancée Logan Araujo had booked the Ritz Charles in Carmel, Indianapolis, for their wedding. However, the couple had to cancel their plans at the last minute, following which Cummins planned to host a dinner party for the homeless.
- 23 November, 2017 US woman raises more than $100,000 for homeless man who used last $20 to buy her petrol when she ran out Kate McClure, 27, was driving on the I-95 interstate motorway in Philadelphia when she noticed she had an empty tank. Ms McClure promised to return to pay Johnny back and later set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for him. "That’s when I met Johnny.
- 13 August, 2017 'Murdered while protesting hate': Tributes pour in for victim hit by car amid clashes in Virginia A 32-year-old woman killed when a suspected neo-Nazi ploughed a car into peaceful demonstrators in Charlottesville has been named as Heather Heyer. A memorial fund set up for Ms Heyer's family had exceeded its target of $50,000 (£39,000) on Sunday afternoon, collecting $56,178 […]
- 3 June, 2017 Man held for stealing Portland attack victim's wedding ring A homeless man was arrested on Friday on suspicion of stealing the wedding ring and backpack of one of two men fatally stabbed on a commuter train in Oregon last week. George Tschaggeny, 51, was wearing the wedding band of army veteran Ricky Best when...