Hammond, who is Jewish, told JTA that in the wake of her article, she received dozens of threatening anonymous phone calls
- 30 October, 2017 Special report: What the Jewish Federations do with your money Research by Haaretz into Jewish charity in North America has found a powerful but opaque machine that turns over billions, but can be vague as to how the money is used, for instance on salaries, and supporting the settlements in Israel
- 14 July, 2017 Pressure from Chicago Dyke March organizers led to demotion of journalist, claims friend Gretchen Rachel Hammond was ‘bullied’ after reporting on removal of Jewish Gay Pride flags at June rally, says Miriam Churchill
- 11 July, 2017 Award-winning ‘Dyke March’ reporter removed from duties at Chicago LGBT newspaper Gretchen Rachel Hammond, reporter for the Windy City Times has been moved full-time to the paper’s sales desk
- 2 November, 2017 A haunting legacy of racial terror: The thousands of lynchings that changed America Between 1877-1950, public torture and murder of African Americans was common in the South; a project by the Equal Justice Initiative, the Brooklyn Museum and Google uncovers the scope of the horror, and why it's more relevant than ever
- 13 February, 2017 This is what Trump and Netanyahu will discuss in their meeting (if you believe Spicer) While the White House has repeatedly ducked questions about everything from Jerusalem to settlements, Netanyahu promised 'clear' answers from his meeting with Trump. What to expect?