PA chairman issues decree allowing his government to jail anyone on charges of harming “national unity”.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 13 August, 2017 Abbas censors criticism: Aims to jail critics on news sites and social media Decree approved by Palestinian president provides for prison terms of up to life for using digital means to harm 'national unity' or 'social fabric'
- 19 September, 2017 MK Gafni: This is the best coalition for haredim Knesset Finance Committee Chairman says current government succeeded in cancelling 'Lapid's decrees,' supports PM in face of investigations.
- 7 June, 2017 UAE threatens 15-year jail term for anyone showing sympathy toward Qatar People who object to the Emirates' position on the issue – including on social media – would also be affected, local news outlets report
- 23 June, 2017 Abbas’s advisor defends payment to terrorists Nabil Shaath, special advisor to PA chairman, claims that paying jailed terrorists is a "social responsibility".