Charlottesville, which fancies itself a liberal city but remains studded with Confederate monuments, celebrates the past while embodying the future of the United States, for good and ill
- 1 November, 2017 In praise of intermarriage: Why are Israeli Jews so afraid of relationships with Arabs? Imagine how different the attitude toward Arabs would be if tens of thousands of Jewish families in Israel had a Palestinian member
- 12 November, 2017 U.S. to promote 'universal access' to fossil fuels at climate talks By Valerie Volcovici WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States hopes to promote wider use of fossil fuels at a global meeting on climate change next week, a White House official said, reflecting the gaping divide between Washington and the rest of the ...
- 23 November, 2016 Why Steve Bannon likes nationalist Israel but dislikes internationalist American Jews The Trumpian right discovers what Jews have known for a century.
- 17 January, 2017 He’s a monster. And now he’s president of the United States You don't let a predator near your family. You don't let a monster into your home. And if the monster is already there, you stand up to him. Head on. With everything you have. What part of 'Never again' do we not understand?
- 3 January, 2017 Trump-Netanyahu bromance is final disconnect between American liberal Jews and Israel While we U.S. Jews were prevaricating, the settlers kept building. Obama and Kerry’s rebukes were eulogies for the two-state solution - and for our children’s identification with a right-wing, nationalistic Israel.