Jerusalem city council members objected to building 200 luxury villas on abandoned Palestinian village of Lifta, whose future will now undergo further consideration
- 12 July, 2017 The IDF wanted to investigate a key moment in the Gaza war. Netanyahu said no Massive firepower was used on 'Black Friday' in 2014, when the Israeli army killed dozens of Palestinians trying to prevent the abduction of a soldier
- 25 December, 2016 Israeli panel to approve construction of 618 more homes in East Jerusalem Since Trump’s victory, there has been a sharp increase in building plans for the holy city, and the number of permits issued this year is more than triple than in 2015.
- 21 November, 2016 Suspended due to U.S. pressure, East Jerusalem construction plan may be revived Plan to build 500 homes includes expropriation of private Palestinian land; Jerusalem is planning to thaw additional projects beyond Green Line in aftermath of Trump's election.
- 30 October, 2016 New archaeology complex shows there’s hope for Jerusalem yet The city’s buildings and towers have been lumbering or kitschy in recent years, but the new campus in the museum district will be a modern gem housing ancient artifacts.
- 4 April, 2017 EU sharply protests Israeli demolition of Palestinian homes in Area C, warns it will lead to ‘forced transfer’ The sharp message was delivered in the wake of Israeli plans to demolish an entire Bedouin village.