SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A court on Friday temporarily halted the campaign seeking to oust a Northern California judge targeted for recall for sentencing a college athlete convicted of sexual assault to jail instead of prison.
- 5 June, 2018 Recall of judge in Brock Turner case stirs courtroom concern SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The leader of the successful recall of a Northern California judge for an unpopular sexual assault sentence warned that the results show women's rights and the #MeToo movement are now a potent political force that politicians ignore at their own peril.
- 8 May, 2018 Stanford rape case judge breaks silence ahead of recall vote Aaron Persky, the judge who faced intense criticism for sentencing ex-Stanford swimmer Brock Turner to a short jail term for sexual assault, broke his silence Tuesday ahead of next month's vote to recall him from the bench.
- 25 November, 2013 Police: Very low number of sexual assault files get to court Of 238 cases of domestic sexual assault, only 15 indictments are filed; of 73 cases of illegal intercourse with consent, only 12 indictments are filed. Rape centers: System enhances victims' feelings of shame
- 10 June, 2017 Immigration judge frees Mexican activist US trying to deport SAN DIEGO (AP) — A Mexican woman was released from custody Friday while the U.S. government seeks to deport her after a judge rejected arguments she should wear a monitoring device because she was arrested twice while demonstrating in support of people in the country illegally.
- 18 November, 2013 The best of Haaretz photographers: Nir Keidar As a sports photographer, Keider strives to capture not only the physical feats on the court or field but also the emotional moments shared by both athletes and fans.