Family forced to leave after 53 years in same house in first eviction in Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood since 2009
- 5 September, 2017 Israel evicts Palestinian family from East Jerusalem home to make way for pre-’48 Jewish owners In first such eviction since 2009, eight members of Shamasneh family were kicked out of their Sheikh Jarrah property, where they have lived since 1964
- 23 October, 2017 Israeli police say Palestinian must prove he owns land from which his olives were stolen The Palestinian claims that the olives, from which he makes a living, were held by the police for two weeks without him being informed
- 12 July, 2017 The IDF wanted to investigate a key moment in the Gaza war. Netanyahu said no Massive firepower was used on 'Black Friday' in 2014, when the Israeli army killed dozens of Palestinians trying to prevent the abduction of a soldier
- 7 September, 2017 Jewish heir opposes eviction of Palestinians from East Jerusalem home: ‘I feel very bad’ Dalia Hubara says Shamasneh family didn’t have money, so she sold it to right-wing settler activist Aryeh King
- 17 November, 2016 Israeli settler group tries to evict nine Palestinian families from East Jerusalem homes Ateret Cohanim, an organization that seeks to settle Jews in East Jerusalem, overall seeks to evict 72 families living in the Batan al-Hawa section of Silwan.