Since Azariya did not technically complete his full army service, he is not automatically eligible for his release grant.
- 8 November, 2013 US, Israel lose UNESCO voting right in dispute US automatically loses voting right after missing deadline to repay debt to world's cultural agency; both Israel and US suspended funding in 2011 after UNESCO accepted Palestine as member
- 27 October, 2016 ‘An absurd reality’ New report exposes that at least 7 extreme-left organizations actively working against Israel are eligible for National Service positions.
- 15 May, 2017 Chelsea Manning to receive benefits after prison release Manning will not be paid by the Army but will be eligible for health care
- 18 July, 2017 Elor’s friends: We hope he will be found ‘not guilty’ on appeal Elor Azariya's fellow soldiers released from regular army service show solidarity with convicted soldier released to house arrest.
- 20 March, 2017 Hillel ousts Jewish LGBTQ group for teaming up with pro-boycott organization B'nai Keshet says that after collaborating with Jewish Voice for Peace, its members are no longer eligible for Hillel funding, counseling services or subsidized kosher food.