Children are drowning in public pools. Are lifeguards responsible? Does a lifeguard on his phone cause drownings?
- 17 July, 2017 Footage of 9-year-old’s drowning released Parents consent to release footage of 9-year-old son drowning in public pool as lifeguards fail to notice child's rescue by other bathers.
- 6 June, 2017 11-year-old nearly drowns in pool, condition critical Child at Bat Mitzvah celebration pulled out of water and treated by lifeguard and doctor who arrived on scene until arrival of MDA team.
- 27 July, 2017 Israel lifeguard instructors unqualified, lifeguards incompetent Red Cross lifeguard explains the woes of Israel's water safety system - and why dozens drown each year while the system turns a blind eye.
- 13 October, 2017 Elderly man drowns at Bat Yam beach Passersby pull elderly man from beach, lifeguards and paramedics attempt but fail to revive him.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.