Here’s how doctors took the number of Tay-Sachs patients from overflowing hospital wards with a waiting list down to nearly zero.
- 2 August, 2013 Forget doctor-patient privilege: Army demands medical files If you're enlisting, don’t expect doctor-patient privilege – new IDF order allows army to access patient files, directly from healthcare provider. Doctors warn, ‘It’s an ethical issue’. Army insists, ‘For good of soldiers’
- 9 February, 2014 Israeli doctors criticize plan to fix overcrowded emergency rooms New Health Ministry regulations are meant to solve problem of patients waiting for hospitalization, but doctors at internal medicine wards say proposals won’t work.
- 22 November, 2016 Couple has first daughter after 30 years of waiting for child A childless couple who came to Hadassah hospital every week for 27 years to give food to patients and families had their first child.
- 3 July, 2017 Health Minister rejects compromise in Hadassah Hospital crisis Health Minister Litzman rejects Justice Rubinstein proposal allowing cancer patient treatment by doctors who resigned at different hospital.
- 18 December, 2013 Psychiatric patient stabs doctor at Tel Aviv’s Ichilov Hospital The hospital says the assailant passed through a metal detector not powerful enough to detect a knife.