The military is building an underground barrier around the Gaza Strip, designed to cut off tunnels beneath the Israeli border and thwart Hamas.
- 16 August, 2017 Israel builds underground wall after Gaza tunnel trauma KIBBUTZ NIRIM, Israel (AP) — Israel is pressing ahead with construction of an underground barrier along the border with the Gaza Strip in an ambitious project meant to halt the threat of attack tunnels built by the Hamas militant group.
- 20 July, 2015 Israel Arrests 4 Palestinians in West Bank Shooting Israel said it had uncovered a network of Hamas militants suspected of involvement in the shooting that killed an Israeli man and wounded three others in the West Bank in June.
- 23 July, 2014 Getting From Gaza to Israel, by Underground Tunnels Israel says its invasion of the Gaza Strip is intended to destroy the underground tunnels Hamas militants use to infiltrate Israel. Where are these tunnels and how are they used?
- 29 July, 2014 Tunnels Lead Right to the Heart of Israeli Fear The sophistication and extent of the underground passages used by Hamas to infiltrate Israel from Gaza has stiffened Israeli resolve to destroy them.
- 10 August, 2009 Israel Bombs Gaza Tunnel In Retaliatory Strike Israeli warplanes bombed a tunnel under the Gaza Strip border with Egypt on Monday, the first such attack in almost two months, the Israeli military said.