The military is building an underground barrier around the Gaza Strip, designed to cut off tunnels beneath the Israeli border and thwart Hamas.
- 9 April, 2018 The source of Gaza’s woes As long as Hamas continues to rule in the Strip, there will be no relief for the population there and no respite for Israel
- 16 August, 2017 Israel builds underground wall after Gaza tunnel trauma KIBBUTZ NIRIM, Israel (AP) — Israel is pressing ahead with construction of an underground barrier along the border with the Gaza Strip in an ambitious project meant to halt the threat of attack tunnels built by the Hamas militant group.
- 18 February, 2018 Two Gaza teens killed by Israeli fire after approaching the border, Palestinian ministry says The bodies of the two were found in the morning in southern Gaza ■ Two others were wounded and taken to the hospital earlier from the same area
- 20 July, 2015 Israel Arrests 4 Palestinians in West Bank Shooting Israel said it had uncovered a network of Hamas militants suspected of involvement in the shooting that killed an Israeli man and wounded three others in the West Bank in June.
- 23 July, 2014 Getting From Gaza to Israel, by Underground Tunnels Israel says its invasion of the Gaza Strip is intended to destroy the underground tunnels Hamas militants use to infiltrate Israel. Where are these tunnels and how are they used?