New Jersey town sued for ordering Jewish community to remove eruv. Lawsuit states town seeks to ‘suppress the religious practices’ of Jews.
- 25 October, 2017 3 New Jersey towns sued for laws banning eruv construction Jewish groups, State of New Jersey sue towns for seeking to ban construction of eruvs to keep religious Jews out.
- 25 October, 2017 Lawsuit: New Jersey town illegally targeted Orthodox Jews MAHWAH, N.J. (AP) — New Jersey sued one of its towns Tuesday over two recent ordinances the state says illegally targeted a Jewish community from nearby New York, likening the conduct of town officials to the "1950s-era white flight suburbanites&q...
- 31 December, 2017 Divorce is becoming a new norm among ultra-Orthodox in Israel Divorce rates in the Haredi community are catching up to those of the secular Jewish population. Beyond the ‘usual’ reasons for untying the knot, many cite another: declining religious observance by their spouse
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 27 March, 2017 Family sues town to demolish house after creepy letters WESTFIELD, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey family that wants to demolish their home after they claim they were stalked by an anonymous creepy-letter writer known as "The Watcher" has filed a lawsuit against their town.