‘This is a victory for the women’s movement and human rights movement in Jordan,’ said Salma Nims, the secretary general of the Jordanian National Commission for Women
- 27 November, 2017 After Egypt Mosque massacre, 40 defense ministers pledge support for Saudi-led Muslim military alliance Top defense officials from 40 Muslim-majority nation's met in Riyadh on Sunday to reaffirm their military alliance in the face of Egypt's deadliest terror attack in its modern history
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 21 August, 2017 In blow to Iran, Egypt becomes surprise new player in Syria To Israel's delight, Cairo's involvement is already showing results
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 16 August, 2017 Lebanon abolishes law letting rapists off the hook if they marry their victims Applauded by women's right groups, Lebanon joins other Arab states, such as Jordan and Tunisia, which recently also scrapped such legislation
Read the original at
Haaretz.com All headlines RSS.