Kuwait had charged 25 of its nationals – all of them Shi’ites – and an Iranian citizen after the discovery of guns and explosives in a 2015 raid that escalated sectarian tensions
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 6 March, 2017 ‘Spy who infiltrated nuclear team’ indicted in Iran Amid talk of 'Western infiltration, a number of Iranian dual nationals held behind bars on charges of espionage, collaborating with hostile governments.
- 2 August, 2017 Iran’s Revolutionary Guards use new route in Gulf to arm Yemen rebels For the last six months the IRGC has begun using waters further up the Gulf between Kuwait and Iran as it looks for new ways to beat an embargo on arms shipments to fellow Shi'ites in the Houthi movement
- 27 June, 2017 Saudi Arabia fuels regional tensions with demolitions of historic Shi’ite homes The destruction has sparked shootouts in the streets between Saudi security forces and Shi'ite gunmen and stoked sectarian tensions that resonate around the region
Read the original at
Haaretz.com All headlines RSS.