U.S. Defense Secretary says Washington prefers diplomacy over war, but is ready to deal with North Korea threat.
- 19 May, 2017 Mattis: Military action in North Korea would be ‘tragic’ U.S. Defense Secretary says Washington is working to find diplomatic solution to North Korea crisis.
- 15 August, 2017 Mattis: If North Korea attacks, it’s game on U.S. Defense Secretary warns that an attack by North Korea could quickly escalate into war.
- 9 August, 2017 Mattis: North Korea shouldn’t cause ‘destruction of its people’ US Secretary of Defense issues statement corroborating President Trump's recent statements of warning to North Korean regime.
- 3 June, 2017 Mattis presses China on North Korea, South China Sea The United States is encouraged by China's efforts to restrain North Korea but Washington will not accept Beijing's militarization of islands in the South China Sea, U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis. Rough cut. No reporter narration.
- 26 April, 2009 Lieberman: Ready to Talk with Syria, Without ‘Preconditions’ FM Lieberman said he is ready to talk to Syria, but without 'preconditions'. Defense Minister Barak sees talks as ‘critical’ to Israel’s security.