Once dismissed as a figurehead, North Korea’s young leader has used purges and crafty moves to exert firm control over his country and its expanding nuclear arsenal
- 9 August, 2017 Trump’s harsh language on North Korea has little precedent, experts say Mr. Trump's remarks echo tone and cadence of President Truman during his 1945 announcement that the U.S. had dropped a nuclear weapon on Hiroshima
- 28 September, 2017 Remote textile plant may secretly fuel North Korea’s weapons A new assessment suggests that the fuel, which some had thought might be imported from Russia or China, is made within North Korea
- 31 August, 2017 Trump says he will not talk to North Korea. Experts fear he will While Mr. Trump’s threats against North Korea have been unnerving, it is the prospect of a risky dialogue that most unsettles former officials
- 8 August, 2017 North Korea Rails Against New Sanctions. Whether They Will Work Is Unclear North Korea threatened retaliation “thousands of times” for the most punishing sanctions yet. But history suggests North Korea will devise workarounds.
- 1 August, 2017 China’s state media slams Trump’s ’emotional venting’ on Twitter Editorial read U.S. “must not continue spurning responsibility” for the volatile standoff with North Korea, “and even less should it stab China in the back”