Once dismissed as a figurehead, North Korea’s young leader has used purges and crafty moves to exert firm control over his country and its expanding nuclear arsenal
- 9 August, 2017 Trump’s harsh language on North Korea has little precedent, experts say Mr. Trump's remarks echo tone and cadence of President Truman during his 1945 announcement that the U.S. had dropped a nuclear weapon on Hiroshima
- 8 August, 2017 North Korea Rails Against New Sanctions. Whether They Will Work Is Unclear North Korea threatened retaliation “thousands of times” for the most punishing sanctions yet. But history suggests North Korea will devise workarounds.
- 5 July, 2017 ‘Surgical’ Strike in North Korea Could Swiftly Turn to Carnage Over decades, the Pentagon drafted and refined multiple war plans for North Korea. But the military options are grimmer than ever
- 1 August, 2017 China’s state media slams Trump’s ’emotional venting’ on Twitter Editorial read U.S. “must not continue spurning responsibility” for the volatile standoff with North Korea, “and even less should it stab China in the back”
- 13 August, 2017 What we know about James Alex Fields, driver charged in Charlottesville killing The 20-year-old man was arrested in the murder of Heather D. Heyer, 32, after he drove a car into a crowd of counter-demonstrators at a white supremacist rally