The Republican senator Dean Heller denounced a Republican plan to replace the Affordable Care Act. Weeks into the tortuous debate over how to repeal Barack Obama’s healthcare reforms, a frustrated Donald Trump summoned Senate Republicans to the White House for lunch.
- 9 October, 2017 Donald Trump offers Mexico border wall trade-off for protecting Dreamers President Donald Trump has told congressional leaders that his hard-line immigration priorities must be enacted in exchange for extending protection from deportation to hundreds of thousands of young immigrants, many of whom were brought to the US illegally as children. Trump's list […]
- 26 June, 2017 Sean Spicer angrily confronted by CNN reporter during tense off-camera press briefing A CNN reporter has argued with White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer over the West Wingâ€™s decision to bar cameras from broadcasting the daily press briefings. Jim Acosta, the White House correspondent for the cable news network, challenged Mr Spicer after the White […]
- 2 July, 2017 Senate ‘close’ to final health bill amid cries that Trump's tweets getting in way Protesters against the US Senate Republicans’ healthcare bill hold a rally outside the US Capitol. As Donald Trump’s health secretary fended off questions about whether the president is too distracted by Twitter to focus on healthcare reform, the White House’s top […]
- 23 June, 2017 Nevada senator becomes fifth Republican to oppose healthcare bill Nevada senator Dean Heller said he ‘cannot support’ healthcare legislation in which millions of Americans would lose their insurance. Nevada senator Dean Heller has become the fifth Republican to come out in opposition to the current draft version of the Senate healthcare bill.
- 29 March, 2017 Trump tells lawmakers he expects deal 'very quickly' on healthcare U.S. President Donald Trump told a group of senators on Tuesday that he expected lawmakers would be able to reach a deal on healthcare, without offering specifics on how they would do it or what had changed since a healthcare reform bill was pulled las...