North Korean leader receives report on Guam attack plans but will hold off for now, says North Korean media.
- 22 September, 2017 In wake of U.N. speech, Kim calls Trump a ‘dotard.’ Trump fires back at ‘madman.’ President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un have unleashed personal attacks on one another after the U.S. commander in chief’s speech at the United Nations. “Kim Jong Un of North Korea, who is obviously a madman who doesn’t mind starving or killing his people, […]
- 28 June, 2017 South Korean leader vows to stand with Trump on NKorea WASHINGTON (AP) — South Korea's new leader vowed Wednesday to stand firmly with President Donald Trump against North Korea, playing down his past advocacy of a softer approach toward the nuclear-armed nation as he made his first visit as president to Washington.
- 16 August, 2017 Tillerson: Talks with North Korea still an option Secretary of State says U.S. still interested in talks with North Korea, puts the onus on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
- 15 August, 2017 North Korea leader holds off on Guam missile plan North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un said Tuesday he would hold off on a planned missile strike near Guam, but warned the highly provocative move would go ahead in the event of further "reckless actions" by Washington. Some analysts suggested Kim's comment...
- 9 August, 2017 Key facts about Guam, the center of US-North Korea tension HAGATNA, Guam (AP) — The North Korean army's announcement that it is examining operational plans for attacking Guam after rising tensions with President Donald Trump has brought more global attention to the tiny U.S. territory in the Pacific than it has had in decades. Here is a […]